Shift Hours: Up to 37.5 hours available – 0
Up to 37.5hrs per week available
£10.92 per hour (£21,294 per annum)
Do you dare to make a difference?
We know working in Social care is more than ‘just a job’. To us its playing a crucial role in enabling the people we support to live their best lives.
Unlock your potential by joining our team as a Activities Coordinator at The Willows.
You can expect;
- Accelerated career paths with no experience required
- Recognised qualifications with paid training
- Flexible working patterns
- Inclusive culture with progressive wellbeing support
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £500 per successful referral
- £500 joining bonus
The Main Responsibilities
- Help Residents to socialise within the Home/Care Centre, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, and encourage Residents to maintain pre-existing hobbies
- To encourage outdoor activities in suitable weather
- To arrange trips out of the Home
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Residents who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
- To assist serving morning coffee and afternoon tea if required.
- Accompany Residents, where possible, to off site activities, which may occasionally take place outside normal working hours.
- To set up and open a shop at an efficient level
- Provide a yearly calendar of events, which will take into account events such as, Easter, Burns Night, and Halloween etc.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Ensure all Staff Members know how to use appropriate equipment.
- Report any changes in Residents’ physical or emotional condition to the Home/Care Centre Manager or Person in Charge.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Home/Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
The most important qualities needed are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supporting adults with mental health conditions and/or elderly.
- Hold a NVQ Level 2 Health and Social care
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/ activities for clients in all client categories
- Flexible approach to working routines
- Creative and confident
“National Care Group are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for us”
Apply today or give us a call on: 07985673067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org