Salary: £16,864 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for an Administrators to provide general administration support across a number of areas within the business, performing a variety of duties to ensure the smooth running of the function and providing a service to the prison
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation.
- Assist in the production of management information, regular reports, establish trends and patterns from information received.
- Monitor and oversee all filing and ensure that record systems are kept up-to-date and stored securely.
- Responsible for all administrative duties as required by the Manager, ensuring the function is run efficiently and cost effectively when performing work as required and planned.
- Work closely and co-operate with colleagues in other areas to ensure the safe and smooth running of the prison.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Able to operate relevant IT applications
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
- Health, social welfare or voluntary sector experience
- Knowledge of the English legal system
Location: HMP Peterborough, Saville Road, Westwood, Peterborough, England