Salary: £45403 – £52498 (including £3000 retention payment – payable on completing 12 months service). This will be pro rata to hours worked FTE 37 hours
Shift hours: 33.5
Are you a dedicated and passionate Social Worker / Senior Social Worker / Advanced Practitioner with a drive to make a lasting impact on the lives of children, young people, and families looking to join an Ofsted “Good” authority?
We are on the lookout for an Advanced Social Worker (Advanced Practitioner) who shares our commitment to providing the best possible support to our Children, Young People and Families to join us on a part time permanent basis, working 33.5 hours per week.
As an Advanced Social Worker, you will oversee a caseload of the most complex cases in children’s services and will play a pivotal role in providing coaching, mentoring, and support to both Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSWs) and experienced Social Workers. Your expertise will be crucial in guiding and offering professional wisdom in situations of high complexity.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
In order to be successful within this role it is essential that you hold a recognised professional Social Work qualification (MA/BA/BSc in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work, or CQSW) and are registered with Social Work England.
It is also key that you bring the following:
- Professionalism in managing challenging cases with autonomy.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, and procedures.
- Exceptional record-keeping skills using management information systems.
- Proficiency in conducting assessments in challenging situations and producing high-quality reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills for providing support and promoting good practice.
Why Join us?
- Contribute to meaningful work in children’s services.
- Be a mentor and guide to both new and experienced Social Workers.
- Work within a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
For an informal conversation about this role please contact Lisa Gunstone or Nicky Davies – Operational Leads for Help and Protection – Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
As a Council we recognise that our workforce is not representative of the communities that we serve, particularly at senior leadership level; therefore we welcome applications from candidates who are from minority ethnic backgrounds, have a disability or who identify as being from the LGBTQ+ community.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled ‘Coventry City Council Application Process’
Please note The £3000 retention payment will be awarded after 12 months of continuous service in the post, provided the employment commences before March 31, 2024. It will also be pro rata to the hours worked.