At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Land Surveyor to join our friendly Land Survey Team at our Stancombe office near Bristol.
This role will be progressive and will offer development opportunities within the wider business units for the successful candidate.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The purpose of this role will be to assist the Land Surveyor (on sites as well as in the office) in the surveying and production of detailed measured quarry topographic and stock surveys, using the latest surveying technology. Projects are mostly across the south of England and Wales but are occasionally national.
Reporting directly to the National Land Survey Manager the successful candidate will be expected to carry out duties on site and from their designated office:
On site, the successful candidate will be responsible for using the latest surveying instrumentation to collect data for all required surveys within the Tarmac quarry environment such as:
- Greenfield, quarry update and restoration surveys.
- Carrying out and calculating stock volumetric surveys for quarries.
- Carrying out and calculating earthworks volumetric surveys for quarries.
- Setting out restoration designs.
- Drone surveys.
- Bathymetric surveys using remote controlled boats.
- Stability Monitoring.
From the Stancombe office, they will assist in the calculation of volumes and the preparation of plans using LSS software.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in Surveying, Geography, or a Geology related discipline, with some basic land survey experience. They will also:
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Possess good communication and organisational skills
- Possess good literacy and numeracy skills
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- Be computer literate, preferably with some CAD knowledge/experience
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/1315