Salary: Up to £22,000 depending on experience
Shift hours: Full Time
If you have strong retail and catering experience, with a proven record of managing to budget requirements, then this could be the role for you.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Retail Catering Manager to join our team based at Newcastle United Football Club. You will be a key member of the site management team, with key responsibilities for the front and back of house services including hospitality, ensuring excellent customer service and development of service offers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a background in retail or bar management and is looking to utilize and develop their skills.
Rise with Sodexo
- Support the Head of Retail in overseeing all retail liquor and retail food operations for match days and events
- Deputise for the Head of Retail in their absence
- Attending planning meetings then manage all aspects of the planning of the Retail operation for Newcastle United Football Club
- Placing food, beverage, gas and disposable orders in line with business
- Overseeing the set-up and lay-up of the bars and retail food areas and ensure that all is set in accordance with Company policy and to the Company standard
- Ensuring detailed knowledge of products on offer including all brands and categories
- ‘Walk the floor’ during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered to client and customers and take any remedial action as necessary
- Overseeing opening and closing procedures to ensure in line with Company procedures
- Undertaking cleaning duties as specified on work schedules in accordance with operating procedures.
- To ensure that all back of house areas of the facility are maintained to an exceptional standard of cleanliness and appearance.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in safe, professional and non-hazardous manner, in accordance with company Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work and to report any defects to equipment or unsafe practices to your line manager.
- To ensure all PPE issued is worn when on shift.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Well-developed verbal, non-verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in delivering public retail
- Management of diverse teams
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
Location: Newcastle United Football Club, St James Park, Strawberry Place, Newcastle, England