Salary: to £27,000 (depending on experience) + great benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
We at Sodexo are currently recruiting for an experienced Business/Chef Manager who will oversee a team of 10 to deliver a high-quality service to patients and staff 365 days a year. This is a great opportunity for a Chef by trade who would particularly like to be involved in business management.
The prestigious Nuffield Hospital in Woking has a staff/visitor restaurant, patient feeding and hospitality. We need an excellent communicator with previous team management experience and a catering background; someone who thrives on delivering to success! You’ll have to ensure food is delivered in a clean safe environment ensuring all areas of safeguard, EHO and Nuffield policies are adhered to. You’ll manage all aspects of staffing and ensure the smooth running of patient and staff feeding, liaise with clients to ensure all requests are completed within the required timeframe and attend client meetings to represent Sodexo.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
A DBS is required for this role
- Order all provisions in line with Sodexo ordering policy and using Recipe on line, or for nonfood goods use nominated Sodexo suppliers
- Ensure that all areas of the kitchen and food service areas are kept clean and well maintained. Reporting any defaults to our client and helpdesk ensuring completion of outstanding issues
- To ensure completion of all the Sodexo SMS paperwork, temperatures, electrical checks, COSHH, HACCAP etc.
- To pass all internal and external audits such as safeguard, EHO and Nuffield audits
- Manage the team to achieve the desire results driving forward service excellence and delivering quality.
- Train all members of the team using the Sodexo GREAT training cards, induction, Nuffield training, passport training and competency observations
- Ensure the weekly rotas are complete in the correct time frame and labour is managed within budget agreements
- Complete daily and monthly billing
- Complete daily cashing up in accordance to Sodexo’s trading procedures
- Close accounts at agreed times
- Ensure HR issues are dealt with in accordance to training
- Manage your emails and correspond in a timely professional manor
- Liaise with the hospital director and client’s team
- Work in line with IIP Gold standards and maintain the sites accreditation
- Manage grounds maintenance and window cleaning in accordance to spec and within the correct timeframe
- Provide client quotations and mange subcontractors if successful
- Manage the costa account and ensure it remains compliant
- Catering background is essential
- Organised and be able to deliver on time
- Track record of developing and leading a team
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Previous management experience in delivering results
- Experience in managing client relationships
Location: Woking, England