Insurance and Partnerships is the business-to-business channel for MPS via which it delivers bespoke solutions for healthcare organisations (medical and dental) across the world.
The purpose of the role is to engage with our existing Healthcare providers who operate within the spectrum of global healthcare provision in our MPS Global markets.
The role is to understand a client’s business, their risks, medical malpractice requirements and ensure that the bespoke solution from the MPS Insurance and Partnerships suite of products (Grouped Membership, Corporate Membership, Specified Appointment Membership and Regulated Insurance) is delivered to them through professional account management contact strategies and relationship management. This requires extensive and ongoing internal collaborative working to ensure all departments are working to the standard expected by the client or member.
The role will do this by executing a suite of account management strategies designed to optimise client retention, loyalty, satisfaction, and brand engagement (both MPS Partnerships and Healthcare Protection), whilst providing the organisation with insight as to the present and emerging needs of the B2B markets we operate in globally.
The role is unique and represents the entire range of MPS Group products to our clients on a global basis. The role has touch points across the business that needs to be orchestrated to ensure the best outcome and service delivery to our clients and members.
- Ensure clients receive excellent services including product solutions that are appropriate to their needs whilst delivering operational efficiency with a responsible approach to assessment and understanding of risk presented by the client.
- Proactively manage client accounts in accordance with process and regulatory requirements (where appropriate) ensuring required account actions are delivered on time and within agreed SLAs
- Manage all client renewals and administration; maintain accurate contact records; draw up and issue contracts and membership terms in a timely manner; ensuring accounts are settled within specified timescales and coordinate the processing of mid-term adjustments and group joiner/ leavers efficiently.
- Support global colleagues in ensuring effective delivery of global B2B Partnership discretionary and grouped corporate acquisition. Effecting transitional support for Insurance & Partnerships to deliver account management to those newly acquired corporate and grouped accounts in line with global segment plans.
- Liaise with Underwriting and Pricing colleagues to support the quotation process; acting as the interface between these departments and the client to enable fair risk assessment and subscription and premium setting.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of Insurance & Partnership product solutions from initial on-boarding through to external negotiation, client presentations, and long-term relationship management
- Maintenance of appropriate client records (multi-platform) to ensure optimum service delivery to client and support accurate and fair internal decision making in relation to business activities across the organisation impacting the client and member.
The Ideal Candidate
Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment where priorities can change as healthcare clients adapt their business needs and resultant risk within the changing face of the global healthcare environment
Build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders as necessary, liaising with internal colleagues to enhance quality service and outcomes for clients and members
Takes ownership and responsibility, strong professional pride, and integrity.
Role model a culture of commerciality across all areas of the role to drive operational effectiveness and efficiency whilst also delivering great client and member experiences and outcomes.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered, private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation
for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional
interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United
Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert
problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that
benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to
expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or
claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible
service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in
People Silver award.