Shift hours: Permanent
Business Excellence Manager
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports the high quality education at this university by providing outstanding food and service to the students and staff.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Excellence Manager within Chartwells Universities & Colleges. As the Business Excellence Manager you will manage exciting and business critical projects focussing on the delivery of a first class services for our colleges and universities across the sector. You will be responsible for the delivery of the Business Excellence programme and associated projects by working with and through the Heads of Operations, Contract Directors and managers and their teams to optimise standards, efficiency, effectiveness & commercials of the various services provided within contracts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Business Excellence Manager to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
It all starts with enjoyment – great tasting, healthy food that students look forward to and really enjoy.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary
The Business Excellence Manager will act as a main point of contact for the Business Excellence team with the contract teams, providing them with tools, training materials and hands on training and guidance to ensure they deliver the standards set for each service stream of the sub sector. You will develop and maintain all programme documentation in line with Chartwells BE standards and sub sector requirements, providing relevant performance data to the Project Manager in order to ensure that the programme is managed effectively, deliverables are measured and budgets met.
Through participative leadership, you will coach and support all function stakeholders in order that they adopt a ‘Right First Time’ approach to quality service for our operations, whilst engaging and training colleagues to embed continuous improvement skills and an operational excellence focussed mindset.
As The Business Excellence Manager you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Project lead on key workstreams
- Identifying deliverables to support first class execution at unit level
- Effective as link between Chartwells BE team and sub sector to ensure targets and standards are aligned
- Project deliverables delivered in line with schedule
- Client satisfaction improvements achieved
- Training on site teams to ensure engagement and effective use of tools
- Operational focus – quarterly audit per contract
- Experienced at leading and managing business projects in highly commercial service focussed markets
- A quality obsessed operator with experience of operations
- Able to communicate at all levels from front line colleagues to senior management and clients. With excellent influencing and presentation skills and the ability to sell new ideas/concepts
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly
- Experienced at understanding and managing P & L, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Familiarity with programme / project management methodologies (Eg. Prince 2 / MSP)
- Experience deploying Lean, 8-D, or Six Sigma (ideally to a minimum of Green belt level) methodologies in a customer service and process oriented environment.
- High awareness of improvement methodologies and principles (Eg. DMAIC, PDCA) and problem solving tools and techniques (Eg. 8D, Cause & Effect, 5 Why Analysis)