Casual part-time – Hours not guaranteed
Evening and weekend working in the main however some weekdays may be available
Required for immediate start
- Are you looking for flexible working arrangements?
- Do you have a full clean UK driving licence with no endorsements and penalty points?
- Are you able to display tact, diplomacy and resilience when dealing with difficult situations?
If you answered yes, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for people who want to earn some extra money by joining a small team of casual drivers who ensure that the Mayor arrives at events in a timely and safe manner.
The purpose of the role:
The post provides support to the Wandsworth Mayoralty by covering the duties of the Chauffeur and Macebearer on a casual basis. The civic and charitable Mayoral events will mainly be in the Wandsworth borough but occasionally will be in other boroughs in London where there is a good reason for the Mayor to attend. This role will involve driving the Wandsworth Mayoral car to transport the Mayor and Deputy Mayor to and from events, robing the Mayor in their robes and chains, attending events with the Mayor, and acting as the Mayors attendant/macebearer.
- Ensure the mayoral car is always clean and in good running order and report any damage or defects that are identified during the course of your duties.
- Plan a suitable route to ensure arrival at the time stated on the Mayor’s engagement sheet.
- Collect the Mayor or others as directed to ensure arrival at functions by the agreed time.
- Attend on the Mayor at functions as required (full training will be provided).
- You will have a full clean UK driving licence with no endorsements or penalty points.
- You will demonstrate a strong focus on customer care, be able to display tact, diplomacy and resilience when dealing with difficult situations.
- You will project a confident and professional image when in the public arena and/or dealing with large groups of people.
- You will be able to assist with the delivery of events and meetings.
- You will be easily contactable to arrange work duties and able to work evenings and weekends sometimes.
Please note the position is advertised as a casual appointment. We cannot guarantee the hours available, but we will agree these with you in advance on a week-by-week basis.
To register your interest in working for us, please email upload your CV and supporting statement addressing how you will meet the requirements for the role.
For an informal discussion please contact Shahid Siddiqui on 020 8871 6044.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Shortlisting Date: To be confirmed
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible. Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
£13.09 per hour