Salary: £27514 – £33486
Shift hours: 0
Casual Outdoor Education and Activity Tutor based at Plas Dol y Moch, N. Wales
Deliver a range of high-quality Outdoor Education lessons/ activities, including evening lessons/ activities based from Plas Dol y Moch Outdoor Education Centre to cover ad-hoc staff shortages, within the remit of the Centres operating procedures.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We’re looking for dynamic and flexible outdoor educators to join our supply panel at Plas Dol y Moch. Successful applicants will need to hold a range of NGB awards in at least three of the following and remain current and competent in those disciplines.
- Rock Climbing Instructor or above
- Summer Mountain Leader or above
- Paddlesport Leader Award (or comparable paddlesport award) with specific competence in both open canoe and kayak
- Local Mine Leader Award or above (with North Wales venues listed)
in addition they would have
- Local knowledge of venues used by Plas Dol y Moch, or a willingness to familiarise themselves with these venues, and be
- Qualified and able to drive Centre vehicles, inducing up to 17 seat minibuses with a trailer
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled ‘Coventry City Council Application Process’
Interview date(s): To be arranged