Shift hours: Permanent
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced buying professional to join the Category development team and take accountability for the management of the Cold Beverages category.
You will develop the category development strategy & long range income growth plan for Cold Beverages utilising continuous improvement tools and processes to effectively drive sustainable business volume growth opportunities.
- The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure a safe supply chain for our employees, clients and consumers
- All category development strategies are aligned to Compass UK Sourcing, Sustainable and Health and Safety commitments and Standards
- Identify and own end to end business needs process to determine product and service requirements to be sourced
- End to end category management responsibility pre and post sourcing process:
- Range management and continuous improvement processes
- Supplier contract management – own conversion into approved contract (products and supply chains)
- Manage category working capital through management of rebate / purchasing income targets by category
- Manage all supplier relationships for value creation
- Manage inbound supplier performance into approved distribution platforms
- Manage product and service QA performance to agreed specifications / service criteria
- Accountable for the optimisation of category performance across core financial and non financial metrics (cost, quality, service)
- CIPS professional qualification or equivalent
- Category buying experience (FMCG / retail / Foodservice )
- Previous experience in a large company with a diverse customer base and wide service offering
- Procurement knowledge and experience
- Prior experience of change programmes to deliver benefits
- Understands the principles of category management
- Knowledge of Compass Group UK & I & Foodbuy