Salary: £8.52 – £9.05
Shift hours: Full Time
- To manage a small team of catering operatives to deliver a specific standard of food service to client specification
- To be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the catering operatives within your specified team.
- To ensure customers receive a pleasant and friendly experience
- To manage any cash transactions, banking and stocktakes
- To become proficient on the e-prophIT, POS and BITE systems
- To support the catering manager in achieving KPIs, SLA, as set out in our contract
- To comply with all Sodexo company policies and procedures and client policies
- Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the catering service delivered to the client, as requested.
- Undertake specific training on the relevant catering offer
- Always wear the company uniform, whilst at work
- Wear any items of Personal Protective Equipment, as specified by the manager
- Comply to all client policies / procedures in relation to housekeeping/infection control/ security
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH, HACCP and food Hygiene are adhered to, as specified by the catering manager
- Conduct all required training with catering operatives in relation to operational/ legal / client / food and beverage offer requirements
- Ensure that all catering operatives adhere to the catering codes of practices
- Ensure that all requirements of the specified catering offer, are carried out, as directed by the catering manager
- To attend to all faults in relation to catering machinery/equipment.
- To report all defects to the catering manager / client
- To deliver staff team briefings, as required
- To attend team / client meetings, as required
- To collate information in relation to payroll, as required.
- To complete all administration, as specified by the catering manager
- To liaise with the specified client contact, as directed by the catering manager
- To manage the ordering and distribution of catering consumables and stocktakes
- To undertake audits in relation to service delivery / offer compliance, as requested.
- To stand in for the catering manager in his/her absence
- To manage all risk assessments and allergy files
- To manage the vending operation
- To perform special promotion and drive up spend per head
- Experience of the undertaking of all catering tasks
- Previous catering experience
- Computer literate
- Basis numeracy / literacy skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding and ability to apply any legislation
- Supervisory experience
- NVQ or apprenticeship
- Food hygiene Certificate (level 3) company e-learning is a must
Location: Abingdon, England