Salary: £13.00 per hour
Shift hours: Full Time
- Assisting with the daily running of the college catering department
- To conform to the Food Safety and Health and Safety standards across the business
- Comply with all company and statutory regulations relating to Health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place.
- Assist in the preparation, production, presentation and service of all meals ensure they are served at the correct times, within the company’s standards and to the agreed specification of the contract.
- Ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the company’s standards and to ensure food is served at the correct temperature
- Assist the head chef when required in planning menus and orders
- Receive and check in goods against invoice for quality
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in first out’ and comply with health and safety regulations.
- Assist in the service of meals as required.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and food service area at all times.
- Keep all work areas and surfaces clean and tidy at all times. Assist with routine cleaning schedules as required.
- Ensure high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance and cleanliness at all times.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to our customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the company’s and client’s standards.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations
- 1 – 2 years Chef de Partie experience
- Commis Chef that is looking for a new challenge will be considered.
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
- 706/3 or NVQ3 chef hospitality qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management and employee engagement
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Experience of managing budgets
Location: Rose Bruford College, Burnt Oak Lane, Sidcup, Kent, England