Salary: €10.20 – €13.50
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Assist in the management of food standards and quality across all areas during all stages of food preparation and production
- Work with the Kitchen team in creating and developing new menus
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared, cooked and served to the highest standard at all times in line with menu specifications
- Ensure that methods of food preparation, production, presentation and service comply with Company standards
- Ensure that Kitchen preparation and clear-down procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Ensure a high standard of kitchen cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Ensure good Health & Safety and food hygiene practices are followed at all times
- Ensure minimum wastage occurs within the kitchen, implementing ideas for reducing wastage wherever possible
- Work with the manager in carrying out stock-takes.
- Liaise with the Manager & Head Chef to ensure the service provided is of the highest standard
- Receive and act upon customer feedback, both positive and negative
- Assist with the effective management of stock control and portion control.
- Adhere to the Company credit, cash and purchasing policies at all times
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH.
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage, teamed with the ability to deliver innovative menus
- Excellent craft skills
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Personal motivation and passion.
- Hold 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent
- Working Knowledge HACCP
- Own transportation to Kinsale Essential
- Must be available to work weekends
Location: Kinsale, Co. Cork, Ireland