Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Chef Manager to join our catering team at Oasis Academy Short Heath in Birmingham. In this role you will be managing 5 colleagues and will be responsible for organising the preparation and presentation of all meals service in line with the Service Level Agreements. This is a great opportunity to work in rewarding Primary school environment.
To be successful in this role you will be able to build strong relationships with a diverse stakeholder group. You’ll need to be passionate about food and providing great service, strong attention to compliance and comfortable combining both cooking and administration in your role. If you are a ‘hands on’ team player, with great customer service skills to manage a team as they deliver the highest possible standard of food service, we want to hear from you.
What’s in it for you?
- Work life balance
- Team is like a family
- Fresh food products
- Inclusive relationship – training courses, vouchers and equal opportunities
- Creative menu input
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
- To organise and be assisted with the preparation and presentation of all meals service.
- To present a smart and professional image at all times.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements.
- To organise any special function as required and to the correct standard, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
**A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description**
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
- 706/3 or NVQ3 chef hospitality qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management and employee engagement
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Gross Margin and Selling Price Calculations
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Birmingham, England