Are you passionate about Civil Engineering? Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work alongside a thriving technical team within a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy?
Pick Everard have been providing a multi-disciplinary consultancy service to clients across a variety of sectors for over 150 years. With great levels of business growth and a vast pipeline of work, our Civil Engineering discipline are looking to appoint a Civil CAD Technician to join the team in the Bury St Edmonds.
As a Civil Engineering CAD Technician, you will work closely with the Engineers to develop designs for Highways, Public Realm and Infrastructure projects using Civil 3D software.
Pick Everard are proud to offer the successful candidate support, training and genuine career development opportunities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare 3D models and 2D detail drawings from engineer’s sketches
- Carry out general administration, including sewer applications
- Responsible for document management and the issuing of drawings
- Manage procurement of site data, such as stats searches and topographical surveys
- Assist with on-site survey work
The successful Civil CAD Technician will be proficient in using Civil 3D and AutoCAD, or alternatively, have experience using a similar 3D software.
- Knowledge of highways, drainage, and earthworks / levels design
- Understanding of engineering/civil drawings
- Familiarity with British Standards/Codes of Practice
- EngTech MICE (or working towards)
- Strong written communication skills – able to annotate changes in the description of works
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time with multiple tasks and work to deadlines
If you feel this is the role for you, apply today!
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.