At Ambito, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for all of our Students.
Birchwood is a vibrant and welcoming 14-bed residential care home in Chesham with three purpose-built, spacious bungalows, supporting adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. The service provides a safe and stimulating environment for all the individuals we support.
Each bungalow has a communal lounge and kitchen. Each individual has their own bedroom with en-suite bathroom and overhead hoist and tracking. There is also an independent flat consisting of its own lounge, kitchen bedroom and en-suite bathroom. There is a small garden area accessible to every person we support from their bedroom, as well as communal gardens around the site.
Birchwood is located close to the town centre with the shops just ten minutes away. There are also pubs and coffee shops just around the corner.
The post holder is responsible for carrying out general housekeeping tasks both individually and as part of a cohesive team in order to ensure that Birchwood improves upon and/or maintains its level of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
· To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to achieve Ambito’s aims.
· To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Ambito’s quality framework.
· To work within Ambito’s policies and procedures at all times.
· To carry out general housekeeping duties within ‘Ty Cwtch’ and the school and maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation.
· To work as part of a team in providing a clean and hygienic environment
· Work as part of a team and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and learners;
· Understand health and safety legislation and/or have a willingness to learn;
· Understand the principles of equality and diversity and/or have a willingness to learn;
· Understand the importance of personal and practical hygiene.
· The post holder will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with the Housekeeper, immediate colleagues and the full range of colleagues at all levels within the service.
· The post holder will be able to escalate problems back to the Housekeeping Manager and follow their guidance on the appropriate resolution.
· The service that is delivered by the post holder is essential to ensuring the highest possible environmental standards for our learners and colleagues.
· Any other duties as may reasonably be directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor / Business Manager.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
What can we offer you?
Perkbox -We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
Employee Support Helpline- You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and wellbeing and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Training/Qualification Opportunities- In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Care Certificate. You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
Internal progression opportunities
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply.
We're committed to equal opportunities and particularly welcome applications from disabled people. Successful applicants for the Housekeeping Assistant role will need to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.