We have a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for and experience with data analysis to manage and develop our Commercial (Sales & Marketing) reporting. This position is important as your work will play a key role in enabling IRIS to identify opportunities and achieve its sales targets.
This role will build on the reporting put in place over previous years by adding additional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and creating insight from our data. We also seek to continuously improve accuracy, achieve greater efficiency, and support the transfer of mature reporting to the data warehouse and Senior Leadership teams/Private Equity (PE) owners.
The journey of harmonizing our operational systems and developing our data warehouse is ongoing but we continue to rely heavily on Microsoft Excel and Power BI to compile and analyse our data.
IRIS Software Group is focussed on employee learning and development with many of our Finance Team undergoing supported training and clear progression opportunities. This position offers fantastic progression, hybrid-working and CIMA/ACCA study support (if desired).
What will you be doing?
As a Commercial Finance Reporting Analyst in this team, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Owning the operation and integrity of Finance’s existing Commercial reporting
- Continuous improvement of reporting (i.e., speed, integrity, deleting unused reporting, packaging for users)
- Checking KPIs are correctly calculated
- Supporting the migration of mature reporting to the data warehouse
- Developing new reporting with existing datasets, designing new data collections and reporting
- The population, analysis, and quality control of data collections by our PE owners
- Helping people in the business to understand KPIs, including how they are calculated
- Ad-hoc analysis as required and supporting the wider FP&A team.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone with the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Degree in a numerate subject, e.g., Data Science, Statistics, etc. (desirable)
- Significant experience working with data and reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, e.g., Power Query, Power Pivots, etc.
- Experience using Power BI (desirable), however this role will be a great way to develop transferrable skills with this tool
- Experience using SQL (desirable)
- Highly numerate, structured, and analytical mindset
- Strong attention to detail and desire for continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude to work.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive plus bonus