Salary: £11.42 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Cook Manager to help us create exceptional food experiences for Chartwells on a part time basis, contracted to 30 hours per week.
As a Cook Manager, you will be responsible for creating an outstanding culinary experience. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying for a Cook Manager position with Compass Group UK&I.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Ordering food, looking after stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing the efficiency of all catering operations, including managing inventories and implementing action plans
- Managing budgets and successfully meeting financial targets
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams
Our ideal Cook Manager will:
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent or previous contract catering experience
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Have experience managing teams in a similar role
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an enthusiastic and motivated manner
- Be an ambitious and motivated individual who is always looking to upskill
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mindset