Customer Service Officers – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Customer Service Officer
- Job Location: GIS Healthcare, Hempsted, Gloucester
- Salary: £24,054 – £25,409 per annum (pro rata)
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04/06/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 6278
Are you friendly and enthusiastic with a passion for customer service?
We are looking for Customer Services Officers to join our small team!
GIS Healthcare has exciting opportunities for full time (37 hours) Customer Services Officers in our team, based in Hempsted, Gloucester.
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care are holding a series of recruitment events in 2023 to share details of our many rewarding local jobs. Our events aim to inspire anyone who is thinking about a new challenge or a change of career to join our amazing Adults teams in 2023.
Please visit our Recruitment Events webpage. If you need any further information, please email our Adults Recruitment Team today!
About the Role:
GIS Healthcare plays an important role in supporting the care sector in Gloucestershire. We are responsible for the distribution, delivery, collection, maintenance and minor adaptations of medical and telecare equipment to support people being discharged from hospital and to help people to remain independent in their own home. The service is delivered on behalf of Gloucestershire County Council and One Gloucestershire.
Our Customer Services team are incredibly important as the first point of contact for people phoning and emailing us. We provide accurate updates, information and guidance on our services through a range of channels to members of the public and partner organisations. We offer a friendly, professional and efficient service to people who need our support.
This is an interesting and varied role within a busy and established team, making a difference to people in Gloucestershire. We provide a supportive workplace where you will receive full training and regular formal and informal support.
We work Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. There is free parking at our office, and the number 8 bus route has a stop nearby at Sainsbury’s supermarket near the docks.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, a confident telephone manner and enthusiasm. You will be able to think on your feet, use your initiative and take ownership of enquiries to resolution. Good organisation skills and being able to prioritise your work are also important. You will be someone who can respond positively during sometimes difficult conversations.
The ideal candidate will also have experience:
- Working in a customer facing role
- Providing information to people using a variety of communication channels
- Recording accurate information using electronic databases and communication channels
- Working effectively with people who may be distressed, confused or angry
- Working under pressure in a busy environment
The nature of the role is handling highly sensitive information which can sometimes be distressing, so resilience is also a skill we will be looking for.
You will have GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English Grade C or above, good IT skills and a diploma or apprenticeship in Customer Services or an equivalent qualification.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do and how we treat each other. They provide essential guiding principles about the way that we work and set the tone for our culture, and identify what we, as an organisation, care about.
Above all you should:
– perform to the highest professional standards and be the best you can be
– focus on providing excellent customer service
– be inclusive, show respect and value others
– work collaboratively as part of a team
– be a confident and clear communicator
If you hold the same behaviours and approach, then we want to hear from you! In exchange, we will provide you with full training and support to help you succeed in your role!
Our people do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. And that’s exactly what we aim to do for our people. Here are some of the ways we aim to achieve this:
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking at our site in Hempsted, Gloucester
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme that offers access to great savings including discounts with major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network
Please write your application with consideration for the criteria in the Job Profile (see link below).
Your application should include examples of why you should be considered and cover the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post. Please also include details of your English and Maths GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) in the application form.
To arrange an informal discussion with the Team Manager, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk
Or click ‘Apply’
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Hybrid working arrangements are available for the majority of our roles, giving teams the opportunity to work in a way that suits them, balancing service need and individual choice, with a mix of both remote and office working.