Salary: £10.5 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
RHS is opening a new café on-site for use mainly by pupils, staff and the wider RHS community, and requires staff to operate the café across different shifts across the week. The café is designed to be a meeting place and a relaxation space on the glorious RHS estate and has been designed and equipped to a high specification.
It is essential that the successful individual(s) are well presented and are able to act as ambassadors for the School in this customer facing role.
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
Set- up & Close -down
- Ensure café is ready to open in terms of stocking and cleanliness
- At end of day, tidy up café, prepare for opening the next day
- Ensure indoor & outdoor seating areas are clean and tidy and ready for customers
- Service customers to a high standard with a friendly and polite approach
- Take order
- Prepare hot & cold drinks
- Serve customers
- Take payments
- Ensure café is clean and tidy at all times
- Wipe down tables, clear cups and ensure dishwashing area is clutter free and clean
- Review stock during the day, replenishing where necessary
- Ensure all items for sale are clearly marked and priced
- Empty bins and clean floor area
- Ensure all equipment is returned to the right place and all stock is stored correctly
- Assist catering manager with stock taking and ordering of stock where required
Health & Safety
- Report any health and safety issues to line manager in a timely manner, including any accidents and near-misses
- Operate any equipment in line with manufacturers guidelines and School H&S policies
The Royal Hospital School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share our commitment. Employment is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges and universities across the UK. Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a ChildrenÕs Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/0508/C32901/52505413/BU #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.