The Western Gateway is the UK’s first pan-regional economic powerhouse to span two countries, committed to ensuring that it’s 4.4 million residents benefit from fairer, greener economic growth and can access opportunities across our area. Extending across South Wales and Western England, the partnership brings together Local Authorities, a Combined Authority, City Regions, Business, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Governments to work together on the big challenges their communities face.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of some of the highest profile workstreams the Western Gateway delivers, resourcing them effectively, working across multiple partners, managing the workstream leads and steering groups, commissioning research studies and ensuring the workstream outcomes are delivered on time and budget. The priority workstreams are: Strategic Rail, Low Carbon Energy, Innovation and Investment and Communications and Marketing. You will also provide senior leadership to enable the effective running of the Western Gateway secretariat as a member of its Senior Management Team on issues such as governance and resource and business planning.
What will you be doing?
- You will be an ambassador for the Western Gateway area locally, nationally and internationally.
- You will be responsible for strategy development, programme portfolio delivery and the management of high performing teams to ensure the delivery of our business plan.
- You will provide professional advice and challenge to support the Western Gateway Director and Western Gateway partners comprising Chief Executives and Local Authority Leaders, senior academics and industry leaders to deliver the partnership’s priorities.
- You will liaise with Senior Civil Servants and Ministerial teams on a regular basis to best represent the area’s priorities and secure recognition for the work of the Board and delivery of the Board’s objectives.
- You will support the Director in ensuring good governance and the continued development of the Western Gateway as a mature high performing organisation.