Job Title: Deputy Head of HE Quality
Salary: Commencing at £37,375 with progression to £40,835 per annum
About the Role
What You Will Do
- Leading and managing quality improvement functions across Luminate HE, including HE, FE and apprenticeships, and providing regulatory advice where appropriate.
- Managing a number of relevant Registry staff and working closely and collaboratively with a range of departments and stakeholders, whilst advising and training teams as required.
- Responsible for the management and timely maintenance of the directorates quality assurance processes and mechanisms, ensuring their effectiveness and currency and that monitoring and evaluation is accurate and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on HE quality assurance processes, workflows, storage spaces standard administrative protocols to improve accessibility, tracking and monitoring relating to quality assurance across Leeds Conservatoire and University Centre Leeds, including ongoing performance related actions, annual and mid-year reviews, policy review, audits, and other improvement activities.
- Knowledge of HE, and/or FE, quality processes and requirements.
- Experience of implementing and monitoring effective quality processes, which includes committee management, quality reporting, and review of complaints.
- Experience of using and interpreting data systems, trackers, and tools to improve and maximise performance, attainment, and outcomes in an education setting.
- Ability to analyse and understand complex regulatory and procedural documentation and to disseminate the content succinctly and clearly, both orally and in writing.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement – If you work full time, you’ll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts – employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting – discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities – including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities – this will vary depending on role requirements
At University Centre Leeds, we provide a supportive higher education environment designed to promote and enhance independent learning. We have access to industry standard equipment unique to many of our subject areas. These range from our makeup studios to practical science labs.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. Choosing to work for University Centre Leeds means that you will be part of an inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to University Centre Leeds.
We are proud to be the highest rated for student satisfaction in Leeds for the third year running (National Student Survey 2022).
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.