Salary: £18,737 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Peterborough are recruiting for a Details Administrator to effectively provide administrative assistance within the staffing/deployment team.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Prepare daily detail sheets and circulate to all areas to ensure adequate provision of staff cover for operational needs.
- Prepare annual leave sheets for operational staff
- Update the sickness absence of employees and provide relevant managers with the necessary information ensuring that any identifiable action is brought to the attention of the HR Business Partner.
- Communicate with operational units, both face to face and over the telephone, to ensure appropriate cover provided.
- Maintain a system for the effective allocation/monitoring of operational staffs leave/TOIL.
- Collate and prepare monitoring information for monthly reports.
- Operate the IT functionality in use to manage staff detailing.
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Able to operate relevant IT applications
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
- Health, social welfare or voluntary sector experience
- Knowledge of the English legal system
- Basic Operational Knowledge
- Staffing/deployment experience
Location: HMP Peterborough, Saville Road, Westwood, Peterborough, England