Up to £50,000 depending on experience
** Remote/home working allowed **
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their ‘Why’s it like that?’ curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Technology Operations within our Insurance business. You will provide key resource between development and production platforms working collaboratively with Software Development, Infrastructure, and Business teams to architect, document and manage the systems required to actively maintain the development programme and ensure operational resilience.
Within the role of the DevOps Engineer you will have end-to-end responsibility within the software development lifecycle from gathering the requirements to testing, to infrastructure deployment, to application deployment and system monitoring and health.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with experience in a similar role but could also be suitable for someone looking to take the next step in their DevOps career.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you like the sound of the above, then we want to hear from you!
As a DevOps Engineer your top five responsibilities are:
- Adopting and implementing automation and streamlining of the processes and operations across the technical estate.
- Working collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems.
- Working in partnership with business units to align technology operations and development principles.
- Advising on security best practices and enforcing security and access policies
- Lead the ongoing review of all activity across the technology operations ensuring that the migration to automation and agile, repeatable processes are adopted at every occasion.
- Proven experience of technology operations.
- Demonstrable experience of DevOps and Agile principles.
- Experience in similar role in enterprise organisation.
- Strong technical skills.
- Networking, infrastructure and application knowledge.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/54485/1605