IRIS has a range of business systems which Group IT develops and supports on behalf of the business.
After a period of significant investment into a global SaaS technology stack, IRIS is gaining from having tight alignment between business functions, processes, and systems. IRIS is recruiting for a senior leader to continue the momentum this investment brings, evolving and adding technology solutions to support the business need.
Strategic Business Systems will be led by an experienced, well-structured individual with strategic thinking and a focus on user and customer experience. Working with senior stakeholders across all Functions this role will ensure that development roadmaps, architecture and new technologies are fit for purpose and will support IRIS global growth.
What will you be doing?
As our Director, Strategic Business Systems, your responsibilities will involve the following:
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the Group’s business system needs, familiarising with our current IT Strategy and contributing to its development and refinement.
- Driving the ongoing development of Strategic Business Systems and its team.
- Establishing strong relationships with technology suppliers, ensuring that they’re invested in IRIS’ success and understand our roadmaps/future value.
- Taking the lead in shaping future application architecture, including the development of application roadmaps and lifecycle plans. Ensure alignment and integration with data architecture, business intelligence systems, IRIS product roadmaps, infrastructure/technical architecture, and business roadmaps.
- Building relationships with key business stakeholders to understand their challenges and priorities/goals and how these align with the requirements, priorities, and roadmap of our business applications.
- Represent strategic systems in Business Design Authority (BDA), ensuring that all relevant systems-related concerns are appropriately considered/addressed in all BDA decisions.
- Analysing/evaluating the performance and value metrics of technology solutions.
- Managing the annual budget, including negotiating contract renewals in a timely manner.
- Driving uniform Application management principles on a global scale to ensure that IRIS continues to reap the benefits of consistency as it expands into different regions.
- Leading, supporting, motivating, and setting objectives for the Applications teams in the UK, US and India. Establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and monitoring performance. Offering coaching and counselling when required to support team growth and development.
- Participating in the due diligence process for Mergers and Acquisitions, ensuring that funding and integration plans for strategic systems are in place.
- Ensuring that application architecture principles are aligned with the strategic principles and values of the IT strategy, and that they are clearly defined, communicated, and consistently adhered to – this alignment should be integrated into our IT governance.
- Ensuring that application development meets high-quality standards and adheres to strict processes. Implementing best practices for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
What are we looking for?
This position is ideal for an experienced strategic technology leader with the following skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of end-to-end order-to-cash business processes, preferably within the software industry
- Proven expertise in building business cases, budget management, and negotiating commercial terms
- Good track record in defining and implementing application architectures and roadmaps, including middleware and integration processes
- Experience in successfully implementing solutions from multiple vendors and third-party providers
- Able to build relationships with both external customers and internal teams at all levels within the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Proficiency in stakeholder engagement and effective line management
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, delegate effectively, and coach teams to create a positive and dynamic work environment
- Experience in leading and coordinating teams in different locations
- Significant experience operating in a similar role
- Familiarity with Marketing, CRM, ERP, and marketplace systems, particularly expertise in Marketo, Salesforce, and NetSuite (desirable)
- Understanding and experience of the vertical software industry (desirable)
- Six Sigma, project management, ITIL, or other related certifications (desirable).
In addition to the core skills/experience above, the following competencies are essential for success in this position:
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and a commitment to simplicity in all endeavors
- Results-orientated, adept at prioritisation and capable of managing multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines
- Confident and clear communicator with the ability to engage with staff at all levels of the organization, including presenting to senior leadership teams
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Highly organised with a strong work ethic
- Systematic, methodical and proactive approach
- Commercial acumen and budgetary expertise
- Strong design for personal/professional growth and a commitment to facilitating the development of others
- Analytically-minded, naturally inquisitive and keen to extract business value from systems
- A collaborative team player.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive plus bonus
Location: UK Remote