As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, you will be assigned a wide range of activities. Our processing equipment and machinery is varied so previous experience in a similar role is required.
- Carrying out effective electrical maintenance and repair on machinery and services
- Ensuring machinery and services are maintained to meet individual department’s requirements
- Conducting appropriate checks on machinery/equipment
- Operating machinery and equipment only when trained, including start-ups, shut downs and maintaining operations at the agreed level, maximizing productivity
- To communicate effectively and accurately any information about stock requirements and usage to the Engineering Stores Person
- Compilation of any reports in relation to work undertaken including but not limited to: Fault Repairs, PPM, Overtime, Lost Time Reports, Breakdown Reports and expenditure
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is used of a safe standard, and any malfunctions/missing components are immediately reported
- Responsible for machinery isolation
- Responsible for care of tools and equipment used
- Participation in shift briefings
- Liaising with production team to support continuous improvement
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Good working knowledge of 3 phase systems.
- Proven fault-finding experience including on control circuits.
- Experience in heavy industrial operations.
- PLC knowledge would be beneficial.
- PAT testing/hard wiring experience advantageous.
- Maintenance of lighting systems.
- Design and building of control panels.
- Electrical installations.
- High appreciation of Health and Safety at work.
- Appropriate qualifications and demonstrable experience are a necessity for this role.
- Exceptional communication skills are required to effectively work with team members but also to assist customers and suppliers with any potential queries they may have.
- IEEE 18TH Edition
Hours per week: 45