Salary: £27,789.85 – £28,794.21 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Peterborough are recruiting for an Electrician to join the busy Maintenance Team. In this role, you will use appropriate trade skills to provide installation, testing, examination and maintenance works within the prison & to assist and support the maintenance supervisor and all other trades. If you are a hands on qualified electrician who enjoys being part of a team, this could be a great opportunity for you.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Provide the maintenance function for the prison as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Comply with National Security Framework, with emphasis on areas of security of tools, equipment, locks, keys and resources.
- Comply with all Sodexo Justice Services policies and procedures, in particular the regulations regarding Health & Safety.
- Available on a Rota basis for emergency call outs or critical system failures.
- Compile accurate and appropriate job sheets after completion of any task or assignment.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance & repair work carried out and report in detail any substandard or defective equipment.
- All work to be completed to relevant trade standard
- 18th Edition qualification
- Already possess a solid maintenance background as a tradesman and must have some previous proven experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and experience of fault finding, installation and repairs
- Able to use IT to a good standard e.g. Microsoft Office
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a team player and preferably hold a valid UK driving license.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of working with schedules and deadlines
- Knowledge of commercial electrical repairs on HVAC, AHU, controls and BMS an advantage
Location: HMP Peterborough, Saville Road, Westwood, Peterborough, England