Right now Card Factory has over 1000 stores… that’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
We are now looking for a highly motivated, experienced and fully qualified Electrician to join our Maintenance team. The role will be regionally based and the ideal candidate will need to be located in the East of England. You will be working on our existing estate of stores carrying out planned and reactive electrical maintenance as well as working new store installations.
In the role of regional based Electrician, you will be working with a well-established and a supportive team of individuals. It’s fast paced with a variety of work and locations!
- Ensure all work undertaken is to a good standard, done in a safe manner and complying with the company’s health and safety procedures at all times;
- Receive a job specification sheet and attend site to carry out general electrical maintenance works to BS7671, fire alarm works to BS5839, emergency lighting BS5266 and data cable works;
- Complete administrative duties including; expenses and timesheets. Depending on whether you are located nationally or locally, either scan the timesheets on the system and post the paperwork to the Electrical and Maintenance manager, or deliver it by hand.
- Be 18th edition qualified and have experience of BS2391 or BS2394 and BS2395;
- Need to have a good understanding of emergency lighting, fire alarms and PAT testing;
- Have significant post qualification experience of working in a commercial or retail fitting environment;
- Have a flexible approach to travel and overnight stays;
- Have a full clean driving license is required;
- Be a great team player, enthusiastic and committed;
- Be able to work well under pressure and deliver on time.
Competitive hourly rate and benefits package