Salary: £34,874 to £36,999 per annum
Shift Hours: Permanent
Based in Norwich, however travel throughout Norfolk and North Suffolk
£34,874 to £36,999 per annum
Plus, Company Vehicle and Call out
Full Time – 40 hours per week
About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Electrician, to join our Local Delivery Team in Norwich, carrying out reactive, void and EICR electrical works to our Properties in Norfolk and North Suffolk. Do you have a passion for the work you do, enjoy doing a job well and want to be a vital cog in making a difference in our Tenants lives; then this may be the job for you!
The main focus of the role will be:
- Responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of electrical related repairs in occupied and vacant homes.
- To work as part of a team carrying out the company in house EICR domestic testing programme.
- To support the Planned Electrical Team from time-to-time covering installations and other planned works e.g., Aids and Adaptations / Kitchens
Please see job description for full details of the role
All staff and volunteers working for Broadland will always be expected to act in a manner that is consistent with our corporate values and behaviours.
The successful candidate will have:
- City and Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3 or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- AM2 desirable
- A recognised Electrical Installation Apprenticeship.
- Ideally a C+G 2391 Inspection and Testing or equivalent qualification.
- A Driving Licence as travel throughout Norfolk and North Suffolk will be required.
- Experience of working in Property Maintenance (ideally in residential properties) and dealing with Customers directly.
- Good IT skills, particularly relating to using Smart devices for email etc.
- Good literacy to be able to provide accurate notes on the system and to communicate digitally with colleagues.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will join our on call rota.
Broadland Housing Association offers more than 5,500 quality homes across Norfolk and North Suffolk believing that everyone deserves a home that meets their needs, we offer a caring, effective, and high-quality service that is fair to everyone.
We offer staff many great benefits such as:
- Enhanced annual leave, plus a day off for your Birthday, a Volunteering Day and a Personal day!
- Generous contributory pension scheme!
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme to support you when you need it!
- Health Cash Plan – claiming for things such as Eye Test and Prescriptions as well as many other wellness and money saving perks!
- Opportunity for an Annual Bonus
- Lots of Training Opportunities!
- And many more – Please see our Benefits Document available on our website!
For full details or to apply, please visit our website: www.broadlandgroup.org/about-us/work-for-us/current-vacancies or contact our recruitment line on 01603 750109 and leave a message or email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 May 2023