Salary: Up to £47000 per annum (dependent on experience)
An experienced and self-motivating Environments Engineer who has sound knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, CI/CD, modern testing methodologies and agile development practices.
With a keen DevOps mind-set, they will help delivery teams automate their environment requirements to facilitate each phase of the testing lifecycle. They will help the company move forward in its plans to utilise cloud technologies to increase the efficiency of the SDLC and provide a truly modern approach to software development.
As a good problem solver use their investigative mind-set to look after legacy applications, to aid projects/stakeholders have a stable environment to use and test in. Also show aptitude to go the extra mile in supporting project work and fulfil maintenance tasks.
As a passionate advocate of modern, efficient product delivery, they will share their knowledge and enthusiasm through cross-coaching and creating informative documentation to help colleagues to meet the strategic goals within the Environments function.
And You Will Have
- Experience in configuring Windows Server based environments for in-flight project testing
- Exposure to an eclectic mix of Microsoft and Linux based technology stacks
- Experience in Application Support or shows highly tuned investigative & diagnostic skills
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and coordinate across technical teams to resolution
- Experience in IT Service Management methodologies (ITIL or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software
- Good understanding of the modern SDLC toolset (CI/CD)
- Experience of supporting Microsoft .NET, IIS & SQL Server
- Experience of Oracle Forms and RDBMS
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Experience of using JIRA and Confluence (desirable)
- Familiar with Scaled Agile ways of working
Along with the above, technology skills and experience in the following areas are required, with strong technical leadership skills in the following –
- Git Hub Actions
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Experience of automated configuration by code tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience of using/configuring automated infrastructure by code tools such as AWS or Azure
- Experience of working in the financial sector
- Experience of using JIRA and Confluence
Hours: 35 – Mon to Friday, plus on-call support – rota basis
Hybrid working is choosing the best location for you to carry out your role – this could be in the office, or it could be at home. You can be flexible in your approach, for example coming into the office when you need to collaborate with colleagues in person or working from home if you have a lot of Zoom meetings to go to. We’re taking a team-led approach, so how you manage your working week and place of work is down to your preferences and how you and your team work best.
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. Despite being a national Society, it keeps its local values and loyalty, and its caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say and our recent employee survey has resulted in us being named as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing by Great Place to Work.
We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can belong and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people that make up our workforce.
And of course, we don’t pretend that what you do for us is all there is to you. We want you to bring your whole self to work – parent, carer, artist, triathlete, introvert… whatever it is that makes you YOU. We offer the balance to make sure you have plenty of time to do the things you need or want to do alongside work, because we know that’s how you are able to be your best.
Location: Coventry-Binley Business Park