Salary: £28,000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
Events Manager – Lewes
Up to 28k + Compass Benefits
At RA Venues, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK’s leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne’s in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
Nestling in the heart of the Sussex countryside, is the world famous Glyndebourne Opera House. With three restaurants, two bars, exclusive private dining rooms and fabulous picnics, our dining department offer high-end catering facilities to compliment this magnificent venue.
As Events Manager you will be hands on. Your duties will include:-
Overall responsibility for delivering excellent service in a fast paced quality C&E operations ranging from tea & coffee for 5 to Afternoon tea for 1,200.
- Working closely with Head of Operations, Head Chef and Finance Business Partner
- Lead and manage a variable team
- Train and develop and upskill the team
- Compile rotas in line with budget and business needs making sure we are not over or understaffed
- End to end event delivery from initial enquiries, delivery on the day and final invoicing.
- Oversee the delivery of all C&E bookings making sure we upsell and fully understand the C&E requirements
- Will be required to undertake Duty Manager shifts, as part of the senior management team
- Maintain a professional relationship with the internal teams to ensure the smooth running of the C&E department. Building relationships with external suppliers
- Maintaining the Health and Safety standards for the safe handling of food, and the correct use and storage of equipment/ facilities.
- To liaise with the operations team to ensure all events are planned for and delivered to the highest standard.
- To exceed customer and client expectations by demonstrating a positive and flexible attitude to requests, especially under pressure.