Salary: 10.00 – 10.00
Shift hours: Part Time
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity. You can help us to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with solid care experience and a flexible, enthusiastic and can-do attitude to join the Norwich Branch as a Field Care Supervisor.
Reporting to the Field Care Manager, the Field Care Supervisor is to work under the direction of the Care Planner and Field Care Manager, implement systems to ensure that a domiciliary care service is delivered meeting and exceeding legislative standards, and in accordance with company equal opportunities and health & safety policy.
One week: 1 day during the week and Sat, Sun
Second week: Wed, Thurs, Fri
(Days can be flexible).
21 hours a week
This role is for a 6 month period with possibility to be permanent.
Due to new Government legislation this role requires proof of Coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccination or exemption. Documents to support applicants’ status will be required and checked as part of the recruitment process.
The success of this role will be measured by:
- Understanding the market sector and services/products that Prestige provides
- Willingness to learn
- Committed to delivering the service to the highest standard, ensuring compliance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- To undertake risk and manual handling assessments on new clients/service users prior to the provision of care service (or within 2 working days in exceptional circumstances) with regard to the potential risks to service users and workers associated with delivering the package of care, and to ensure that the assessment is updated annually or following any significant change, whichever is sooner. For individuals who are self-funding, undertake a care needs assessment appropriate to the level of support requested including risk and manual handling assessment.
- To maintain an effective system in consultation with the Care Planner and Branch Manager for quality assurance management based on the outcomes for service users, in which standards and indicators to be achieved are clearly defined and monitored on a continuous basis, ensuring that all service users and their carers are consulted about the care service including:
- At least one quality monitoring telephone call to all service users quarterly to monitor the performance of care workers.
- At least 4 spot checks annually on care workers attending client/service user domiciliary care assignments to monitor the performance of the care workers and the outcome of the care service.
- Attend Social Services client reviews as required within service specifications.
- To meet domiciliary care workers formally on a one to one basis for the purposes of direct supervision at least quarterly and keep written records on the content and outcome of each meeting. With the consent of a service user, at least one of these meetings to incorporate direct observation of the care worker providing care to the service user with whom they regularly work.
- To meet domiciliary care workers annually to conduct an overall appraisal of their standard of performance identifying training and development needs and keeping written records of the content and outcome of each appraisal.
- To facilitate quarterly team meetings for care workers and to prepare an agenda and maintain minutes from the meetings.
- To assist the Care Planner and Branch Manager with the delivery of a carer assistants development and training programme to ensure members are able to fulfil and meet the changing needs of clients and service users.
- To assist the Care Planner and Branch Manager within a recruitment programme to build capacity and ensure contingency within the service.
- To participate in an on-call roster providing and co-coordinating cover for unplanned absence to maintain the service.
- Act appropriately in emergency situations, reporting incidents whilst respecting client/service user’s sensitivity, privacy and confidentiality and respond to crisis situations effectively by summoning appropriate assistance e.g. GP/District Nurse/Emergency Services.
- To support the needs of the care professionals and clients and participate in an on-call rota.
- To apply good practice and report any/all suspicion of abuse of any kind in accordance with procedure and to understand and respect confidentiality and data protection policy within delivery of services.
- To meet weekly compliance targets agreed with the Care Planner and Branch Manager and produce a weekly log of compliance activity.
- Assist with the on-going review of service provision and change working methods in accordance with agreed strategy.
- To undertake duties appropriate to the scope of the position as may be required from time to time.
- Occasionally support with the day-to-day responsibilities of the team when required
- Be a champion for internal customer service
- Do any other reasonable tasks as requested by your manager.
- Experience of Supervising others
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Articulate with the ability to put across ideas succinctly and clearly (good communication skills)
- Excellent assessment skills
- Ability to work on own initiative – self-starter, able to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively, work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Good team player
- Willingness to embrace change
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values
Location: Norwich, England