Competitive salary plus benefits
** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Finance Manager to join us within our Financial Reporting and Control (FR&C) – Insurance team. The team are responsible for the financial reporting for Saga’s Insurance businesses: Retail Broking (Saga Services Limited), Underwriting (Acromas Insurance Company Limited) and Claims Handling (CHMC Limited)
In this role, you will have responsibility for the delivery of all external reporting requirements of the Insurance businesses, ensuring that financial statements are prepared in line with the IFRS or UK GAAP, as appropriate. You will also provide technical accounting advice to the finance teams, be a lead point of contact with the external auditors throughout the year, and support with the management of the financial control environment for the Insurance segment.
You will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and have a strong financial reporting background gained from the insurance industry, including experience of statutory accounts preparation and the external audit process. You will also bring managerial experience and strong system, process, and analytical skills. Lastly, you will be able to work to tight deadlines, whilst managing other priorities at the same time.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Become the main point of contact on all Insurance financial reporting matters, working closely with the Insurance Finance Director and leadership team
- Lead and manage the production of the annual financial statements for the Insurance segment entities, and provide input into the Saga plc Group Annual Report and Accounts and Interim Statement
- Preparation of Audit Committee papers for meetings held throughout the year
- Act as one of the lead points of contact with external & internal auditors for the audit cycle, including half year review, interim and year end audit
- Review of the Insurance segment entity monthly actuals submissions, including review and sign-off of the balance sheet reconciliation files with the Finance Director
- Work closely with the Insurance divisional teams to ensure the actuals, forecast, budget and 5YP are all on a consistent basis
- The delivery of any changes resulting from new IFRS accounting standards impacting the Insurance segment, including input in any necessary accounting papers for internal and external use. In particular, support in the adoption of IFRS17
- Strong accounting skills with a good understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Finance experience obtained with an underwriter is essential
- Experience in managing and developing processes and systems
- Line management experience with a strong belief in developing people
- Must be a fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant, with demonstrable post qualified experience
- Up to date technical knowledge of relevant accounting issues
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think creatively
- Very high proficiency in Excel and general ledger accounting systems
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1327