At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Finance Systems Analyst to join our IT team based in Solihull. The role is hybrid working.
The role is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of the relevant application services by leveraging specialist knowledge. It translates business requirements into functional specifications and effective, efficient and compliant business solutions. It also works on business change projects, while delivering smaller change packages via the enhancement process and provides specialist application and solution support for specific elements of the applications estate.
In this role you’ll:
• Work as a Subject Matter Expert for a relevant defined application & functional scope on business projects in line with business strategy
• Understand user requirements and provide solution options
• Own enhancements & project tasks translating functional requirements into solution design, build, test (co-ordinating UAT) and deployment
• Work on agreed projects and changes within the agreed time limits
• Build solutions that comply right first time by design; possesses basic understanding of GDPR, SOx and GISP
• Provide expert second-line support to IT users in line with agreed SLAs
• Investigate incidents and identifies and mobilises resources required to aid resolution, escalates SLA breaches
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the Change Management process
• Provide vendor liaison to support service delivery to agreed SLAs
• Support the incident root cause analysis process, Initiates problem management.
• Support continuous process improvement
• Ensure compliance with Internal Control processes and procedures.
To be successful in this role you must be:
- Educated to degree standard or able to demonstrate appropriate significant and relevant experience in a similar role. ITIL certified/trained Accredited by relevant software vendors (where available)
- An effective communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- An innovative thinker
- Adept at defining & building system solutions from business requirements
- Experienced in creative systems design and rigorous implementation
- Experienced in problem analysis and solving
- Adept at producing high quality documentation
- Process orientated – capable of quality process mapping
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/111/4604