Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
National Care Group (NCG) is a leading provider of care and support services to vulnerable adults throughout the United Kingdom. We work closely with the people we support, their family members, local authorities and care providers to provide high quality, person-centred support across the following services: supported living, residential care, outreach & home support, and day services.
National Care Group are excited to offer a fabulous opportunity to join its professional finance team (based in Accrington) as full-time Financial Controller.
As No. 2 to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely management information to enable Group businesses to make quick and informed decisions.
- Oversight of the day-to-day finance function
- Direct leadership of 3 Management Accountants and a Transactional Team Leader
- Overall responsibility for the monthly management accounts including balance sheets and cashflows.
- Provide appropriate additional analyses to support the accounts and any ad hoc analysis as required.
- Manage the cashflow position of the organisation ensuring necessary targets are in place to optimise cash inflows
- Assist in completion accounting following acquisitions.
- Communicating financial performance and other key messages to senior leadership and operations teams
- Maintaining continual improvement programmes to drive improvements across process, procedure and working capital.
- Management of Corporation Tax and related areas of the UK Tax requirements.
- Effectively support the Head of Finance and external auditors with the completion the annual audit including consolidations and supporting schedules.
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist the commercial function with completion of tenders, insurance, contracts, etc
To apply for this position you should:
- Be qualified to ‘A’ level standard or above
- Ideally hold a recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Have strong IT skills including ability to develop Business and Microsoft applications
- Be confident and capable of communicating finance matters across the organisation via various media
- Have problem-solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions
- Be an effective delegator and able to work as part of a team and alone
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our teams do. That is why we offer:
- Competitive salary up to £50,000 per annum
- 5 Days per week, Monday to Friday
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Rewards and recognition for your work
- 37.5 hours per week
- Hybrid working