Salary: £20.19 – £20.19
Shift hours: Full Time
- To carry out or oversee the repair, maintenance or installation of all plant, equipment, systems and building structure/fabric associated with the premises, in line with best practice, statutory compliance and service level agreements as detailed in the Contract.
- The post holder is required to have significant core experience and qualifications working on various types of Electrical and HVAC associated systems.
- The post holder will be required to undertake the role within a weekly rotating early/late rota and be prepared to assume on call responsibilities on a rota
- The post holder must have a multi skilled approach to a wide range of work of other trades outside your core trade skills, and be able to undertake work in a safe and effective manner, complying with all relevant safety legislation and procedures and complying with Sodexo Health and Safety Procedures on all works undertaken.
- The multi skilled approach will require crossover beyond that of Electrical/Mechanical into the areas of general building repairs.
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload, where required, and to work with minimal supervision and also have the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- To provide cover for other Multi-Skilled engineers in cases of annual leave, sickness and vacancies.
- At all times carry company communication devices (Mobile phone) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies during core hours and when on call.
- Communicate with colleagues, Clients and their representatives in a polite and courteous manner at all times to ensure a high level of customer care. Keep service delivery managers up to date, at all times, with engineering and building issues that may affect their service delivery.
- Review the stores and identify critical and regularly used items, which should be held as ‘standard stock items’ in the future.
- To take direction and receipt of planned or reactive workloads from the Helpdesk for completion.
- To undertake the day to day operation, planned maintenance, fault finding and repair, periodic inspections and testing of the complete spectrum of services found in a building services environment to include –
- HVAC systems
- Water Systems and Distribution
- Sanitary fittings
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Boiler Controls and associated equipmentservices
- Building Fabric and Structure
- The above is not intended as an exhaustive list, but as an illustration to the diversity of plant and equipment to be maintained. The post holder will only work on equipment which they are deemed competent on.
- To interpret technical schematics and drawings and utilise this information to perform planned preventative maintenance, rectification of faults and installation of new equipment.
- Work to deadlines to ensure plant down time is kept to a minimum and key performance indicators (KPI’s) are achieved.
- To ensure that planned preventative maintenance and associated work is implemented efficiently to specified requirements and provide assistance with improving these requirements on a continuous basis.
- To clearly identify and record concise details of test results and actions taken when rectifying break-downs and further action required to eliminate or minimise future problems. Ensuring that these records are kept up to date at all times.
- To communicate all necessary information regarding breakdown problems, alteration to planned preventative maintenance and technical information acquired i.e. training courses attended or technical bulletins to their colleagues.
- To liaise and work with Specialist Contractors as requested and co-ordinate their workload.
- To take delegated lead responsibility (this could be at Authorised, Responsible or Competent Person (CP) level) for specific plant and/or systems to ensure they operate safely, effectively and efficiently, as delegated by Technical Services Management.
- Undertake surveys of engineering plant and services as directed.
- To reflect a flexible and professional approach to their responsibilities and provide an active input to updating procedures to improve efficiency of site plant and machinery. Take a pro-active role in introducing improved, more constructive methods of working.
EDUCATION AND LEARNING
- To undertake training as required enabling them to perform their duties competently and to keep up-to-date with new developments and technology.
- Provide training, technical advice and support to trainees and other departments within Sodexo.
- To provide the necessary support to enable apprentices to be instructed in all aspects of engineering and building services.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development by recognising and taking advantage of all opportunities to learn, supervision, action own learning requirement and by maintaining a professional/personal portfolio of learning
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To ensure all relevant Health and Safety, COSHH and Permit to Work Regulations are adhered to at all times
- Report any deficiency in Health and Safety systems or documentation to own Line Manager or Manager of area concerned.
- To attend Occupational Health for health surveillance, vaccinations, following accidents and for monitoring as laid down by Sodexo Policy.
- Co-operate with and attend training provided for health and safety purposes.
- Actively report all incidents and ‘near misses’ in accordance with Sodexo policies and procedures.
- To participate in an on-call rota (which includes weekends)
- To maintain up to date skills and knowledge, and keep up an awareness of service issues
- To maintain a professional/personal portfolio
- To adhere to Sodexo standards of behaviour and expected performance
- To value diversity and promote equality ensuring that individuals are treated fairly and respected for their contribution in terms of experience, knowledge and skills
- Any other duties, which may be requested by the Tech Services Managers, to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
- This job description is not exhaustive and can be altered as the post develops, or with changes in service requirements. Such changes will take place in consultation between the post holder and the Management.
- The post holder is responsible for complying with the Sodexo’s corporate policies and procedures. These serve as a basis for regulating the conduct of activities in a consistent manner, and are required to satisfy the proper discharge of statutory, professional and legal responsibilities and provide a disciplined framework within which actions take place.
- The post holder may be required to maintain confidential information about persons employed by Sodexo. Relaxation of this stipulation will be possible within the conditions laid down in Sodexo policies, and as per the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- Sodexo is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that no applicants or employees are discriminated against on the grounds of their gender, race, colour or nationality, marital status, pregnancy, age, colour, disability, social background, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexuality. The post holder is at all times expected to promote and implement Sodexo equal opportunities policy and procedures.
- The post holder is responsible for the management of risk in all the areas for which they are responsible. The post holder is also responsible for ensuring compliance with Sodexo Health and Safety Policy. The post holder must ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with health and safety regulations. The post holder should not endanger the health and safety of him/herself or others whilst at work.
• City and Guilds in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
• Gas Safe Commercial and Domestic
• City and Guilds F-Gas Certificate
• Basic competence in Electrical and Controls systems associated with Mechanical Services.
• Able to diagnose faults and put forward and complete appropriate rectification measures
• Able to establish necessary parts/plant/materials necessary for completion of tasks
• Flexible attitude to work individually and working as part of a team
• Able to represent Sodexo both internally and with clients
• Take part in out of hours duty roster/on call
• Hold a valid UK driving license
• Additional qualifications and experience in other building related trades would be advantageous
• Asbestos Awareness
• CSCS Certificate
Applicants who do not meet the required experience stated above but who can demonstrate an ability which is deemed to be acceptable may be considered
Location: London and Kent, England