Salary: £28,840 – £35,541 (37 Hours per week, 52 Weeks per year, Fixed-term until July 2024)
We’re looking for somebody excited about English to bring our curriculum to life and provide an engaging learning experience!
You’ll need to be able to deliver GCSE English to learners of different abilities. While this post is fixed term there are plenty of internal opportunities and scope for permanent roles beyond the contract end date.
Apply now if you’re looking for a rewarding career in a forward-thinking department with a healthy work culture!
Day-to-day you will be responsible for:
- Teaching GCSE English to a wide range of learners
- Championing our commitment to putting students first
- Promoting our values of fairness, respect & equality
After your first year with us, success would look like:
- All students achieved or exceeded their target grade through exciting and dynamic teaching, learning and assessment
- Have built student skills to a high level in preparation for progression to other courses
- Enthusiastically engaged with continuous development to grow your skills as an educator and further your teaching career
We’re open-minded & welcome all applicants who believe they can succeed. Though ideally, you will:
- Hold a relevant degree level qualification or considerable professional experience
- Have a teaching qualification or significant teaching expeirence
- Be passionate about working with learners and supporting them to progress
We also offer outstanding pension, benefits & annual leave packages
Whether you want a hand with the application form or a friendly chat about what it’s like to work with us, please don’t hesitate to drop us an email or give us a call and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can. Tel: 0114 260 2600 Ext: 2302 Email:
We appreciate your interest and look forward to getting to know you!
Closing date: 01/10/23
Shortlisting date: 02/10/23
As a Leaders in Diversity employer, we encourage applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Also, as a Disability Confident Leader, we are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee. If you require any reasonable adjustments or any support at any point throughout the process, please contact us via the details above.
We are an employer who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
Further details on the employment of ex-offenders can be found in the documents attached to this advert.
Please click the links below to view the job description, person specification and notes of guidance. If you are accessing this advert on your mobile device, the box will be replaced by a button.
To apply please click apply and follow the links and complete the online application. For queries regarding the application process please contact People Operations Team via email. CV’s currently not accepted.