At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced General Operative to join our friendly team based in Langford, Newark
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the General Operative will include the day-to-day operations of mobile plant. The role is to operate the machine safely and meeting production demands. Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and implement remedial action. Assist in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
As a General Operative we would like you to have:
- Knowledge of Quarrying and Quarry plant
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the Units requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
Salary: Competitive Salary and Market Leading Benefits
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/2541