Shift hours: Permanent
Restaurant Associates is a collection of specialist food and guest services companies, bound together by the shared purpose of delivering exceptional customer experiences.
By harnessing the individual brilliance of these companies, we deliver personalised and intuitive hospitality to our clients; from prestigious corporate organisations to iconic cultural and heritage venues
We serve authentic food using fresh, seasonal, responsibly source and, where possible, British ingredients. The role of the Group Chef is to work alongside the Head of Culinary and Operations Directors to deliver to our culinary agenda to a consistently high standard.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Group Chef to own the execution of all products and the culinary training calendar; ensuring that brand standards and profitability are maintained. Ensuring the creation and delivery of food that represents our food ethos and high standards of culinary excellence.
If you are an innovative and creative Executive Chef or Development Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development – Apply now
- Responsible for coordinating, training and the delivery of all dish development alongside the Head of Culinary for a specific stream.
- Ensure that the food standards set by the Head of Culinary are met across Restaurant Associates.
- Gauge food requirements of a particular stream and develop products accordingly.
- To discuss on a regular basis with Ops Directors and General Managers dish specifications, and general performance.
- Keeping up with market trends and ensuring all areas are satisfied without encountering menu fatigue.
- Be an active participant in the wider Restaurant Associates culinary community, through supporting with concept development and implementing new food concepts in unit.
- Champion sustainability through supporting waste management, seasonal produce & championing plant-based eating.
- Excellent culinary skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Having the ability to plan, lead and execute projects on their own to achieve desired standards
- Broad product knowledge and passion for a wide range of food offer from casual to fine dining concepts and experience of creating seasonal, fresh, current, costed dishes in line with the Restaurant Associates food ethos
- Strong influencing, coaching and people development skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Independent person who shows initiative
- Excited about food, and has their finger on the pulse of what is current and trending
- Proactive, positive individual able to quickly build partnership relationships with key stakeholders and work as a team
- Ability to drive through change from above
- Commercial approach and inquisitive nature
- Ability to influence and operate at all levels
- Able to problem solve and make business decisions
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of allergens, food safety and hygiene, health and safety, COSHH, HACCP and relevant audits, EHO, CSC etc