Salary: Competitive salary + flexible benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
Are you a Head Chef passionate about culinary arts and delivering a high-quality service? If yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join us in leading the on-site team to provide an excellent catering service to our client, a major oil & gas operator in Waterloo, London. You alongside the team will deliver new menus which demonstrate flair and innovation in the food service offer, whilst ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation and delivery in all food areas to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction.
We are looking for someone who can continually propose initiatives that deliver best value to the customer, can promote healthy eating, wellbeing and employee satisfaction and improve patronage and grow sales. You will be a leader for safety, hygiene and food quality whilst building a motivated team. This role would suit a Head Chef from a large corporate or retail catering background with contract catering experience.
- To lead a high performing team of chefs within a busy brigade, ensuring that all areas of the operation are working effectively across a five-day operation.
- To provide strategy and innovation in line with commercial food and menu planning.
- Responsible for driving compliance of Health, Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations.
- Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers.
- Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client.
- Provide Costings for new menus and promotions
- Provide seasonal changing menus & product tastings as and when required.
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team.
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovation
- Strong front of house presence with ability to engage with senior clients
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiative
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- City & Guilds 706/1, 2 or NVQ Level 3 or similar qualification
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- IT literate
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience within a hotel environment
Location: Waterloo, London, England