Who are we?
We are Motorpoint, the UK’s leading omnichannel car retailor of nearly new cars. We have ambitious plans to make car buying as easy as possible in whatever way our customers want. Online? We deliver. In store? We deliver. At home? We deliver (we literally do)
You will be joining Motorpoint during an extremely exciting time, as we are undergoing a massive digital transformation and are continuing to expand across the UK. This means you will have the opportunity to positively impact, build and influence the growth of the company.
We believe that by creating a fantastic place to work for our colleagues, we will create the best possible experience for our customers and that will fuel the growth of our amazing business and the careers and opportunities for our colleagues.
So, if you want to work with an amazing group of people, who are fun, friendly and get stuff done and who bring our values to life – PROUD, HAPPY, HONEST, SUPPORTIVE – by working TOGETHER, then Motorpoint is the place to be, and we are on a mission!
Head of Paid Media
Location: Hybrid (Digital Office based in Manchester but we also work from stores like Castleford / Sheffield alongside homeworking)
Hours: 37.5 hours
As the Head of Paid Media, you will report directly into the Digital Marketing Director to strategise, plan, manage and deliver all paid media / affiliates and partner marketing for Motorpoint.
What will you be getting up to?
- Develop and implement evolving strategies to deliver paid digital marketing performance, primarily for the website but also covering apps, search platforms and physical dealerships
- Own overall performance media planning and activation with the support of a paid media team across all paid channels with corresponding budgets to deliver the best outcomes
- Utilise extensive paid search (Google and Bing) and paid social management experience to help guide the team towards best-in-class delivery of all work. Ideally leveraging bid management experience, working with scripts & feeds and familiar working with large UK focused budgets
- Programmatic, trafficking, and personalised creative / DCO capability, leveraging experience working with audience targeting, using 1st party data effectively to reach key audience across all channels / platforms
- Maintain strong relationships with key media partners and collaborate with them to generate innovation in our activity
- Ensuring that tasks such as budget reporting, budget management, booking authorisation and billing process needs are met with both marketing leadership and finance departments
- Ensure communication of media and content needs within the relevant teams at Motorpoint and with partner agencies to ensure delivery of assets for campaigns
- Manage tools requirements such as licenses and suppliers, ensuring the platforms deliver the insight the team and wider business requires
- Team personnel management (2-3 people covering PPC, Paid Social, Programmatic and Partners) and where required management of any agency support
- Own reporting and measurement of all paid media activity, feeding performance into an all-channel view, with a clear understanding of other channels impact on paid
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in performance media ensure the wider marketing team are up to date with the latest developments
- Ensure clear communication of requirements / plans to address any shortcomings with the existing infrastructure against a best-in-class view
- Own the development and implementation of strategic plans to deliver partnership, referral and affiliate performance
- Manage the network of relationships with key partners such as AutoTrader, eBay Motors, HeyCar, Car Gurus, CarWow and more
- Proactively keep up to date with the latest movements in the sector, ensuring the business is aware of emerging brands and rising / declining authority of existing partners
- Identify and communicate requirements to address any shortcomings with the existing infrastructure / way of working against a best-in-class view
- Own and manage the affiliate network, utilising key intermediary management platforms / programmes to manage activity
- Align affiliate activity to overall partnership activity, shifting budgets to most efficient and effective areas to maximise return on investment
- Key affinity partner / direct affiliate relationship management and rates negotiation
- Annual and monthly planning and budget allocation to optimize and deliver on partner and wider business channel targets
- Work with the Digital Marketing Director, the Heads of Channels and the wider digital marketing team to understand your channels contribution to overall performance
What do we need from you ?
- 5+ years’ experience across paid media performance
- Strong capability around set-up, tracking and measurement of campaigns
- Exceptional paid search and paid social experience, coupled with strong experience setting up and managing programmatic display campaigns
- Experience working with UK centric 6 figure budget campaigns
- A strong understanding of tracking, tagging, walled gardens, campaign measurement and diagnosing issues with in-flight campaigns and new launches
- Overall planning and performance optimisation capability but also ready to roll up sleeves and get stuck into the BAU where required at times
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbally
- Successful track record of establishing relationships through a variety of digital channels
- Ability to lead and engage the paid Media team, ensuring performance and development needs are met
What is in it for you?
- Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that is right!
- Days off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
- Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
- Staff discount of cars and finance options
- Cycle to work
- Quarterly Team nights out
- Additional holidays for length of service
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Long service awards
- Plus, much more!
Here at Motorpoint we want it to be some where everyone can be themselves, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community where everyone regardless of who they are, or their background can feel equal and supported
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and would ask you to get in touch if you are concerned about any barriers, you feel you may be facing in your application process with us, so we can ensure they are removed