Salary: up to EUR 60,000 + bonus
Shift hours: Full Time
A great opening has become available for a Health & Safety Manager to join our team on a prestigious FMCG manufacturing account to take responsibility for leading all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining accreditation to agreed QSE standards.
Working in conjunction with the Corporate Services Health, Safety & Risk Team You will ensure the site operates within the demands of all relevant Health, Safety and Compliance legislation and comply with all Sodexo and Regulatory policies, procedures and performance.
Along with proven track record in a similar role and recognised H&S qualifications, you would have a high ability to assess a diverse industrial environment (access & egress, slips trip and falls, building fabric and structure, vehicle management, working at heights,chemical safety, catering environment) and bring innovation as well as change to eliminate or reduce risk.
- Implementation and use of Integrated Management System which is housed on Sharepoint to maintain/demonstrate corporate certification to ISO 9001; ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Ensure the site have relevant business continuity plans in place as required by Sodexo BCP Policy, working with Corporate Services Business Continuity & Risk manager as required.
- Manage the contract Risk Register and update JCAD (Sodexo mandated software system for risk) escalating uncontrolled red risks to contract management team and assist in developing mitigation programmes.
- Provide regular reporting on progress of all QSE objectives and exception reporting of issues and incidents to Contract Management Teams.
- Provide leadership to aid the management of supply chains and compliance with QSE standards through audit and review of operating practice and systems.
- Ensure, roll out and manage a communications plan for all QSE activities and legislative changes to ensure awareness of all staff.
- Ensure appropriate time and resources are provided to establish a compliant business and to identify any systemic weaknesses.
- Promote and develop a QHSE culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the Sodexo operational delivery on site.
- Formulate proactive plans to ensure that all Critical Performance Indicators (CPIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved.
- Management of Near Miss accidents; major RIDDOR investigations and follow up actions.
- Review of all lost time incidents to ensure lessons are learnt or measures introduced to prevent recurrence.
- Manage the arrangements for incident, accident and statutory inspections and enquiries, agreeing and implementing necessary changes.
- Management of site Action Plans following all safegard inspections or any other internal / external audit.
- Manage and update monthly site H&S governance document within agreed timelines
- Substantial Management Experience
- Recognised H&S qualification (NVQ Level 6 / Diploma or equivalent).
- Internal Auditor
- Chartered member of IOSH (or working towards).
- Detailed knowledge of current QHSE legislation in Ireland.
- Excellent and proven operations/client relationship management.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & best practice
- Commercial understanding of FM Management contracts and operational business processes.
- Experience of development and implementation of QSE systems and managing and maintaining external accreditations
- Previous experience of managing and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships
- Good organisational /communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed.
Location: Dublin 8, Ireland