Location: Barham, Kent
Hours: Full and part time hours available
Cedar House is a 40 bed hospital for adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, personality disorders, autism and challenging behaviours. Cedar House enjoys a beautiful rural location situated in the village of Barham, on the outskirts of Canterbury and is easily accessible by public transport, being on the main bus route between Canterbury and Folkestone.
At Cedar House we are looking to appoint a Cleaner/Housekeeper to join our friendly, established team on either a full or part time basis. The ideal candidate will have a basic knowledge of COSHH and Health and Safety regulations, training will be provided. You will have a positive, friendly attitude along with an eye for detail.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Up to 28 days annual leave pro rata
- Free on-site parking
- learning & development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
- DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Carer progression within the company
- CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friends
- Sweeping, hoovering and Mopping floors
- Ensuring all surfaces are clean, tidy and wiped down
- Ensure all bathrooms are clean including toilets, sinks and Shower/bathroom facilities
- Emptying all bins across the centre
- Deep cleans in communal areas /residents’ bedrooms where necessary
- Ensure stickers of cleaning materials/supplies are maintained and request for re-ordering of equipment and supplies are made prior to stocks running low.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that appropriate security procedures are adhered to at all times and that risks are continuously assessed and managed.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities; the post holder may be required to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion with their line manager.
- Ideally have some experience within a Similar role
- Excellent organisational skills to manage their work load
Who we are:
Coveberry, part of the CareTech family, are one of the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England, delivering a wide-ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If you have not heard back within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion.
Salary: £10 per hour
Location: , CT46PW