Salary: to £30,000pa depending on experience + great benefits
Shift hours: Part Time
Independents by Sodexo have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hospitality Manager to join the management team at a prestigious site in Bedford. As the Hospitality Manager, you will provide effective delivery of hospitality services to the client organisation, in line with service level agreement and agreed performance indicators. You will organise staff, deliver and financially manage all functions, events and hospitality requirements for both internal and external customers.
At Independents by Sodexo pupils’ health and wellbeing is at the root of everything we do. We deliver fresh food to be proud of: food that will sharpen the mind, energise and rejuvenate the body. Our approach is one of partnership, our heritage and inherent family values breathe through our experienced team, empowering a naturally entrepreneurial and agile approach, but always consistently.
The role will therefore suit a well organised and proactive Hospitality Manager, with a broad skill set to strategically to drive a 5 star service and customer focused operation.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
- Work with colleagues to ensure all information and communication regarding events, functions and hospitality is actioned in an efficient and effective manner.
- Actively oversee labour to ensure efficiencies and provide recommendations if required.
- Ensure all team catering duties are undertaken in a safe manner and that personal protective equipment (PPE) and hazard signs are used appropriately.
- Liaise directly with customers regarding their requirements.
- Manage all aspects of event delivery including staffing, service methods, H&S and Food Hygiene.
- Communicate with the Executive Chef and GSM regarding all events, functions and hospitality bookings.
- Develop strong working relationships with on-site client/third parties especially client events team.
- Provide support on recruiting, induction, motivating, managing, training and developing all employees.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A love of great food and great people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective team player
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Bedford, England