Contract: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract – 40 Hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Office Based – Lufton College, Yeovil, Somerset.
The Cambian Group is the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone.
Cambian are looking for a hardworking and passionate Human Resources Administrator for a 12 months Fixed Term Contract.
The successful candidate would join a team that provides support and structure to the Cambian Group’s Education division. The team you will join aims to deliver a high quality service that clearly demonstrates added value to the Group and playing such a crucial part in the team you will be relied on to provide first class support to the Human Resources unit and Employee Relations Unit.
To ensure the effective, efficient and fully compliant management and processing of all HR administration across our education sites, in line with all regulatory requirements.
- To assist the HR Team in providing a comprehensive HR administration service.
- To provide an effective Human Resources administration service relating to the employment lifecycle for Education services.
- Note taking at confidential meetings.
- To ensure accurate HR records on all employees
- Build positive and engaging relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Tracking and monitoring DBS renewals for the education sites.
- Complete Ad hoc reports
- Support HR Advisor and HR Business Partner on HR matters.
- Participate in HR projects when required.
- To support other internal functions
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the HR Business Partner
- Some travel within reason may be required.
- Previous HR and/or Administration experience
- Familiarity with HRM Systems, Excel and Reporting.
- Articulate, proactive and professional
- Organised and process driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making, negotiation and influencing skills
- RTW in UK.
The role will require an individual who is:
- Articulate personable, supportive and efficient
- A proactive solutions provider – able to think around a problem to resolve issues
- Literate and numerate – comfortable with reporting and accuracy.
- Energetic, understands the need for urgency and is results driven
- Organised, detail orientated and keen to complete
- Precise and compliance focused.
- Resilient – not afraid of a challenge or hard work and can increase pace as and when necessary.
- A good judge of situations and can identify the key signals in a noisy environment
- A team player – willing to ‘join in’ and happy to go out of their way to support the others.
Knowledge and Experience (advantageous but not desirable)
- Worked in a HR or Administration team previously
- Has knowledge of OFSTED and CQC guidelines, in relation to compliance and regulations in the Children’s Sector.
- Understands the principles of Safer Recruitment and is trained up to date on these guidelines
- Knowledge of Recruitment within the Education sector.
- Familiar with Anti-discrimination and Equal Opportunities legislation
Requirements for an Enhanced DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice. Whilst we endeavour to keep the recruitment process as short as possible due to the nature of these important checks it may extend the processing time.
All young people are equally entitled to have their needs met in a fair and balanced way. Cambian Group employees are responsible for promoting equal opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any young person or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other perceived difference.
We will conduct online searches for shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid
Location: Yeovil, BA22 8ST