The candidate must successfully engage key stakeholders, and as such excellent communication, stakeholder management and relationship management skills are required, as is a very broad knowledge of information and cyber security, including all aspects of technical security, cyber risk management and security best practices, standards, policy and governance.
Critical to success in this position is an ability to grasp complex technical processes/challenges and using entrepreneurial thinking to create solutions that are pragmatic.
In addition the candidate should have the following skills:
· Proven manager with the experience of mentoring and developing teams
· Previous experience of embedding cyber security requirements into contracts and projects
· Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
· Experience of authoring cyber risk reports, suitable for Executives and Board level members
· Relevant work experience in the field of cyber security and risk management
· Professional qualifications in Information Security and Risk, e.g. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ISO27001 Lead Auditor / Implementor, or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)