Job Title: Learning and Development Trainer
Reporting to: Learning and Development Manager
Location: We’re looking for someone based in North East Hampshire/East Berkshire/South Northamptonshire are as they will be expected to cover services from Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, South and West London, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire areas.
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
At Salutem, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults and young people.
Our Salutem Academy trainers support all 120 services up and down England and Wales to help enable our people to improve the health and well-being of the people that we support. You will primarily be covering services through Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, South and West London, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire.
Working as part of the People Team to support the development of the staff teams, enabling them to help improve the health and well-being of the people we support in order to attain positive outcomes.
As a Salutem Academy trainer, you will facilitate and deliver a comprehensive training and development programme including a range of health and social care specific subjects, health and safety training including first aid to all Services across our Adults, Children’s and Education divisions. This will ensure our Services are able to contribute positively to the organisation’s overall compliance requirements for Regulatory Authorities and Professional Bodies.
· Contribute to the provision of a high quality, person-centred service to make a positive difference to people and their families by delivering fit-for-purpose training and learning opportunities for all staff.
· Work proactively and collaboratively with L&D Officers and the Operational Managers to identify training and development needs within the specific Services.
· In partnership with the L&D Officer co-ordinate the planning and delivery of training.
· Support staff and managers to access and complete programmes on the E-learning system and be involved in the creation of e-learning packages, where requested.
· Work with the Learning & Development Manager to design learning and development content and courses that are of high quality, valid and meet our regulatory obligations.
· Evaluate effectiveness of the learning and development content and delivery for self and others in conjunction with the Learning & Development Manager.
· Revise and amend programmes in order to adapt to changes occurring in the health and social care sector.
· Provide timely information and reports to the Learning & Development Manager, L&D Officer, Group Head of Talent & Development, Group People Director and Regional/Managing Directors as requested
· Participate in meetings – Learning & Development, Regional and National, as appropriate
· Support the organisational quality strategy and underpinning programs such as Positive Behaviour Support.
· To assist the organisation in ensuring compliance with their legal requirements relating to the protection of staff and individuals from workplace violence and aggression and ensure that statutory training requirements are met in line with current Health and Social care regulations, verifying the training content and compliance is benchmarked against industry best practice
· To facilitate implementation of evidence-based practice and national guidance in relation to Conflict Management and Resolution and positive behavioral support in partnership with the PBS Team.
· Maintain a safe training environment to ensure the health and safety of self and others in accordance with legislative requirements.
· Assist the Learning & Development Manager and the Group Head of Talent & Wellbeing with identifying staff training needs; develop course activities and evaluation of training courses, ensuring that any areas of concern are addressed.
· Maintain, enhance and develop own training skills, as appropriate, to meet the demands of the role and keep abreast of changes within the sector by reading relevant journals, attending conferences and courses as agreed by the line manager.
· The ability to provide a training environment, where delegates feel able to express their own views and opinions and actively encourage two-way communication;
· Assist in advising, motivating and supporting line managers to ensure compliance with legal requirements;
· Support the delivery of the Care Certificate in-House Training programme
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
- Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
- Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
- Internal progression opportunities – We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
- Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
If you're looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply now