Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a number of Manufacturing Operatives to join our friendly team based at the Linford plant in Linford.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioral safety
- Rotating around and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Taking on supervisory tasks as required
- Supporting and working with our maintenance and engineering teams to improve plant reliability and availability
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
The ideal candidate would ideally be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within an industrial, factory, or similar environment as a Fork Lift Truck Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative, or Labourer. However, the experience of working in a team, good communication skills, and a willingness to learn are more important as full training can be provided.
Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/2497