We have an exciting, brand new opportunity for a Member Journey Product Owner to join our Member Experience, Digital and Data team based in Leeds!
As our new Member Journey Product Owner, you will be working closely with the Member Journey Product Manager to deliver the member journey product vision, alongside providing ongoing enhancements and continuous improvement of our member journey product(s) through people, process, and technology.
As our our Product team is newly established, this role will play a key part in developing and strengthening the function.
As MPS colleagues are spread across the globe, we utilise technology to facilitate our activities with occasional travel to our office. Our MEDD team are based in Leeds and tend to be on-site at least once or twice a week, but this may fluctuate depending on the needs of the business.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Utilise voice of the member data, having a clear understanding of member expectations, preferences, and favourable desire against products
- Ensure stakeholders throughout MPS understand and are clear on the value the Product team are delivering
- Ensure that the Journey Product roadmap supports the overall business strategy and member vision
The Ideal Candidate
- Be Lean Six Sigma qualified (green belt) with a demonstrable experience of effective improvement within a complex business environment.
- Have a Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Have Strong written and verbal communication skills; Can communicate complex topics in easily understandable terms/formats.
- Have a proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a member-first mindset
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation
for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional
interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United
Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert
problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that
benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to
expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or
claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible
service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in
People Silver award.